Saturday, March 26, 2005

Thine is the glory forever.

That's really sums all of it up. I find this one harder to accept than either the kingdom or the power; I don't have a problem realizing that I'm not going to be able to control the world around me. But I do tend to crave recognition. I have a strong desire for people around me to see what I have done, and say "Golly Gee! Isn't she wonderful!" I see daily the success and acclaim that those close to me receive, and I envy it.
Yet, if we were to keep things in perspective, nothing any of us do would be worth recognition next to the service and sacrifice that comes throughout Holy Week, and nothing can compare to the glory that is due to Christ and is shone through the triumph of resurrection and dedication of his followers. And so the glory really does belong to God, forever and ever. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home