Friday, March 25, 2005

Lead us not into temptation

Yesterday, when my roommates and I arrived home, we had all had really bad days for various reasons - whether it was hurt pride (mine), hostile phone calls (Kelsey), or general moodiness (all of us), we were all in that funk where it's easy to rage at your circumstances. I know that I personally was tired after my 2 1/2 hour bus ride, frustrated by other issues, and hurt by a rejection letter that was waiting for me when I got home. I know that I succumbed to temptation last night; the temptation to dwell too much on worldly success, and forget about the actual kingdom of God.
It's rather appropriate that all of this happened on Maundy Thursday; we were each of us in one of our own Gethsemane days, when we question and get angry and tired about what we feel is surrounding us. I just wish I could have been stronger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home