Tuesday, March 22, 2005

To Judge the Living and the Dead

I can't help but feel a little daunted whenever I really think about the role that I am stepping into. Not necessarily for the earthly difficulties of work, dilemma, persons I may not agree with, a church hieracharchy I may struggle with. These are almost expected. People are people.

God on the other hand is God.

All I really want is God to greet me at my death, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

There is risk in taking on this position. There is the risk of getting caught up in power or the prestige. As a friend of mine often recounts, he does not want to win the "millstone of the year award." Nor do I.

I can't help to think of "To he whom much has been given, much will be demanded."

I hope I never forget to whom I owe my allegianance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home