Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Father

The only word that keeps leaping out at me but that I keep trying not to notice is father. My father has been unwell for some time; he'll have a setback, then things will look better, then suddenly another setback. I feel some anger with God about this, and I don't want to, so I tend to try not to think about it. (Maybe that's one reason I keep too busy...maybe it's not all about a drive for grades?) But, in a loving relationship, such as the one I want with God, it is important that I allow and acknowlege the anger, because otherwise I won't be able to work past it, toward reconciliation and healing. So, that's where I am this moment, angry with an all-powerful God whom, it would seem, has heaped problems on my dad for two and a half years, or has refused to intervene on Dad's behalf, or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home