Monday, March 21, 2005

He Rose Again

What a phenomenal claim!

I have to be honest this title was influenced by another's post. As this practice continues I find that my thoughts have been influenced as much by the others writing as the readings themselves. Do we not "arise" together?

Yet this one idea. This one great incarnate claim about Jesus rising from the grave is huge. The claim, regardless of its historicity or truth, has changed the world. It's claim is what defines Christianity. It is one thing to raise the dead (as wild as that sounds), it is all together another to have God truly overcome death by submitting to human death.

I have never really been able to pinpoint the point where I moved from doubt to faith. I am still not able to do the mental gymnastics to even have comfort with the claims of my last paragraph. What did influence my crossover was the witness of the first disciples. They "influenced" my understanding. While I may not be able to understand God I can understand human behavior a little bit. I would not die for a lie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home