Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Hmm, did I even read it?

I will never get over how fast things are moving. I realize that next March will be the last real March I have here. The March of our senior year we will have one foot out the door, I'll be back in CT at least once I am sure, and the family will be preparing to go. So really, I only have one more real March left.
So when I sit to read the prayers tonight, I am struck by how little I actually read them. This afternoon a spiritual director told me to live in the now. But do I ever? Do I ever get to a point where I just am?
I think the papers and studying have finally completed the process of total conversion of my brain to mush that my years teaching began. At some point in some distant future I will look back on these days, laugh nervously, and change the subject. Until then, it will just fly by like the readings tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home