Tuesday, March 15, 2005

He is seated at the right hand of the Father

So the whole "seminary isn't competitve thing" is totally over for me. I'm not sure when it happened, but somewhere between CPE and Field Ed sites I realized that 56 of us were competing for a limited number of spaces. This is an interesting revelation for me becuase not too long ago my career goal was "crushing fingers on my way up the corporate ladder." I knew back then that I wouldn't be happy until I was the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. I had an ultimate goal not unlike that bickered over by James and John. Each wanting to sit on his right or left hand. But the competitor in me realizes there are a couple much more coveted (d'oh) spaces, those on the right hand of God the Father. But phew, Jesus sits on the right hand of God the Father, that's one less position I have to clamor (very close to coveting but not quite) for. The thinker in me would suspect that maybe Mary is sitting on the left hand of God the Father (imaculate conception and all). And Jesus was quite clear that he isn't in charge of who sits where, so the rungs on the ladder are slowly filling, and I don't have to worry about it. So I'm not really sure where this is going, but I'm starting to think that maybe I should buy back into the whole "seminary isn't competitive thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home