Sunday, February 13, 2005

Conceived by the Holy Spirit

Must be a sweet deal to be conceived by the Holy Spirit. At this point I think I'd settle to be conversant with the Holy Spirit. Several pastors told Cassie and I as we were headed off to seminary that keeping your spiritual life strong would be the hardest part. Times of perpeutal transition, busyness, and forced institutional piety can have a negative impact on one's relationship with God. Makes me wonder what it must have been like for our Savior, conceived by the Holy Spirit, in perfect communion with God, to be nailed to the cross. All of a sudden the conversation has stopped. The communion which had be intimately enjoyed since before the beginning of time was broken. How painful must that have been. I know that when my prayer life gets dry it hurts. Feeling like the God who created me in His image is just beyond my reach at a particular time is not a fun feeling. What then, must it have been like for Jesus during those three days as he was unable to know God, but at the same time was preaching His gospel to the depths of hell. To be conceived by the Holy Spirit is not possible for us humans, but to be in communion with God through the Holy Spirit is, and it is our ultimate goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home