Friday, March 04, 2005

He descended to the dead....

The summer after my freshman year of high school, one of my classmates dissappeared out of an emergency room in Olympia. Since her dissappearance 9 1/2 years ago, posters have been distributed and people have searched for her. Last week, Katrina's remains (only a skeleton) were discovered in the bushes at one of our local parks. They think they've been there since she first left us.
She "descended to the dead" nine years ago, and none of us knew for certain. I don't know what the community of the dead looks like (none of us do), or if there really is a community, but it must be lonely there. When I think about her, it comforts me to think that Christ descended as well, and so there is at least some companionship in the isolation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home