Saturday, February 19, 2005

Creator

The word that leapt out at me today was "creator." It reminded me of a Sunday School class when I was about 7. We had a substitute teacher, and instead of telling us a bible story or making us memorize something, he told us to draw pictures of our fingers. We thought he was a crackpot. But, then he took my breath away because he told us that we were to carefully look at our fingers, noting that there were fine hairs on our bottom knuckle, and to know that God had placed all of those hairs there. I stared at that knuckle, never having noticed that hair before, and my image of God was enlarged; suddenly I recognized God as an artist. I spent the rest of the class staring at my finger and trying to reproduce it, and of course not coming close to recreating God's artistry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home