Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Oh the Drama...

... with a capital D. Its 9:05 AM and I'm already getting the question, "do you know where you'll be doing field ed?" Are you kidding? No, I haven't run to check my voicemail, and I won't until my day is over thank you very much. But wow, what a day to have thy will be done running through your head huh? Cassie and I are probably the worst two decision makers on God's green earth. We could sit at home all day Saturday wondering what we might have for dinner and still be pondering it at 7:00. What do you want to do? I dunno, what are you hungry for? So today why did we think We'd be any more capable of making a decision on a field ed site than we are on dinner? "I dunno, what do you want to do?" But these bigger decisions help us to realize the better question, what does God want us to do? Now I know that God works through mistakes (see my freshman year of college), and I'm not fully convinced God gives a rip where I do field ed. All he asks is that we be faithful and open to his will in a life of prayer. So, since his will is not to bring forth the Eschaton (read end of the world) before field ed decisions must be made or exegesis papers (read pains-in-the-ass) are due, our prayer today continues to by thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home