Monday, February 14, 2005

So when does God get bigger than my to do list

I complain. I complain a lot. In fact I waste a ton of time complaining, maybe that's why I'm STRUGGLING to accomplish anything this semester. Seems like all I can turn to is that graven image I made awhile back. I seem stuck on this issue where my to-do list is a god. I've heard it from rectors, discernment committees, and my psychiatric evaluation. So I know I worry too much about the stuff I have to do, so how do I not worry. If I don't worry, I forget. If I forget I fail. If I fail, well I go take over my father-in-law's company, but that's beside the point. For the past 3 years I've been working hard on listening to God (note not to-do list god). Yet everytime I turn around in this God-forsaken hellhole I'm back staring at my to-do list. Seems like somebody told me to only take 12 credits, but NOoooo, I had to take 13.5. 1.5 measly credits, seriously how hard can that be?

God, please forgive me of my trespasses into the world of my to-do list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home