Friday, February 25, 2005

Earth

I read everyone else's posts before the the daily readings this morning, and perhaps because I had Brian's "heaven" post in mind, "creator of... earth" leapt out at me. I spend too much time complaining life, but sometimes, especially early in the morning (sorry Steve!), I am overcome by the beauty of creation. Trees, birds, sky, all of those words sound rote and are lame when compared with the creations they weakly describe. And snow...having lived most of my life in warmer areas, I have always wondered why trees lose leaves, because they look SOOOO bleak and naked. But once I moved to Virginia and woke up after a snowfall, I knew it was because of the way snow looks on the tree branches. Doesn't last long, but to me, at least, it's breath-taking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home