Tuesday, February 22, 2005

thine (yours) is the... glory, for ever and ever

So I've spent the last several days ignoring all other work to write the perfect exegesis (analysis) of 1 Cor 2:1-16. Do you know what I've accomplished in the process. Jack SQUAT!!!! Well a little more than that I guess. But in the attempt for perfection (on my terms) I wandered in and out of remembering to whose glory the paper was being written. I remember praying specifically before I sat down to write that I would write this paper to the glory of God. Then I remembered the C I got on the last one and anal retentive type A steve broke out into a cold sweat and worked not for God's glory but to make steve feel better about his abilities. D'oh!!!! Well now that I've come back to God for a little refreshment and a little time at his feet it strikes me that if I offer my best to God it doesn't matter what Dr. Yieh thinks.

So here it is, in writing, Almighty God, inspiration behind your holy scriptures, I offer this paper of analysis of those most blessed words up to you for your glory exclusively. All I ask is that I do no damage to those who read it, through the name of my lord and savior, Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit world without end. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home