Thursday, February 24, 2005

I Am the Lord Your God

What is God's name? "I AM THAT AM". Name and being fused. There is no distinction between the two. Integrity. God's actions are the very being that He is. His words create and his creation speaks back His name. Rahner refers to God as the very ground of being. The followers of John ask of Jesus if he was the messiah. He responds only by having them relive what they know. Do the blind see? Do the lame walk? Do the deaf hear? The poor have the good news. Fusion of message and nature. He is the message and deliverer of the message in one.

You cant argue away or add on to "I AM". It is a very powerful statement. Six years my wife and I were visiting my parents in Chicago. My wife is Venezuelan and we had stopped into an art store in the town my parents were living. The owner of the store had a bit of a passion for art from Central and South America. He decided to share with us what he knew. It was a bit over the top. He went on and on about how the tribes of Central and South America had been oppressed by the Spanish and how there really was many nations that now made up the people. I think he was expecting my wife to appreciate how in tune he was because he asked her, "What peoples are you from?"

Her response was priceless. Her only answer was "I AM". The art guy had no idea what to do with this. She no longer existed in a category. She no longer was a something. She simply is.

The great thing is that it also got us out of a really annoying conversation. The art guys face simply went blank. He had been trying to figure her out and she blindsided him with that which was right in front of him. The gentleman had no idea what to say next. Neither did I but we have laughed about that moment more than once.

In"I AM" existence becomes both the message and the proof. So as you read this sentence hold the idea that your vision, intellect, computer screen, electricity, chair that you are sitting in, words on the screen, are testimony to the Lord. Kinda funky aint it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home