Monday, March 07, 2005

Nothing but the Kingdom

This might be a short one, which I am sure is a relief to many of you after my last couple of rants. But tonight, as I procrastinate from doing all the work still to do before bed, I am struck just by the word Kingdom. Of all the kingdoms the world has seen and is currently seeing, I expect this kingdom, the one that is yours Almighty God, to be far beyond my expectations. I read of the temple built during Solomon's time, and the glorious perfect city of Revelation, and I immediately am turned off. Just like the Hebrews never said the LORD's name, I don't think it right to try to describe God's kingdom. It is all that can be imagined, and yet it is nothing like what we could possibly see in our mind's eye.
With all the stress going on in our lives, I pray you have a moment to rest in the thought of the Kingdom, waiting for us in the end of days. It is in that moment that I can almost sense the joyous relief and the blessed smile on my face the moment I see God. It is a final rest, and a glorious beginning. It is nothing but yours, O God, your kingdom. May we all be blessed to join you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home