Monday, March 07, 2005

the forgiveness of sins

I have to admit I thought Scott had a typo in the Apostle's Creed. For some reason I had it in my head that I believe in the forgiveness of sin. I think it might be easier that way, I can believe that God forgives the concept of sin. For me to believe in the forgiveness of sins, my sins, in their various forms, recurring ways, and annoying habits. Wouldn't it be great if I could get it down to God's forgiveness of sin, not the concept of sin this time, but that I had but one sin to confess? Maybe if I did confession every 5 - 10 seconds I could say it that way.

I believe in the forgiveness of sins because I have to. I am freed from my slavery to sin (when I allow myself to be) by God's forgiveness of all may various and and sundry sins (being judgmental pops into my mind). Anyway, I'm glad I have the opportunity to believe in the forgiveness of sins because without it I'd be up the proverbial creek (pronounced crick) without a paddle.

Did this make any sense? I think I need to go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home