Tuesday, March 08, 2005

i believe...

I'm getting squirrelly, I know it, so today is going to be short.

At the end of the 2nd Blue Collar Comedy Tour DVD the guys are all on stage singing a song called, "I believe..." Each fills in the verse with an appropriate line from their life. Every morning (or at least most mornings) my verse says, "I believe..." followed by one creed or another, and I love it. Every (again most) mornings I get to reaffirm why I'm in this place to begin with, because I believe in God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I believe (and the church has affirmed for the most part) that the same God has called me to serve the church in an ordained capacity. I believe that in spite of all my complaining and annoyances God has some cool stuff in store. I believe that God should have that glory, all the glory.

Or in the words of Ron White, "I believe... I'll have a scotch."

I think that's where the squirrelly thing comes in... oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home