Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Pontius Pilate

Can you imagine being Pontius Pilate now?

It just struck me that there is only one name remembered beyond the Trinity. It Pontius Pilate. Now we all sin. Some far worse than others. But let's pretend Origin is correct and there is universal salvation due to the sacrifice of Christ. Imagine being Pontius Pilate in heaven:

"Hey aren't you..."
"Yea, my sin made the creed."
"bummer"

"ah... any tension between you and... ah... the big guy?"
"Nah, he forgave me like everybody else. The problem is that everybody else knows. How was I supposed to know it was Him?"

Some press you simply do not want.

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger spankey said...

remember - there's no such thing as "bad" press.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger The Rev. Scott Petersen said...

I agree with you to a point that "bad" press can be good press but this? I don't want it that bad.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Matthew Scott said...

I wonder if just before he got into heaven Jesus gave him a dope slap. Whap! "That's for not sticking with your gut instinct to let me go."
And all Pilate can think is, "at least he didn't hit me with a hammer and nails..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home