Wednesday, March 09, 2005

thy will be done...

ok so I know I'm not the only one, but do you ever wonder just what God is up to? Cass might kill me for sharing this, so it doesn't go past this blog, but I get asked nearly everyday, "Steve, can we go home?" This kills me. I know that a lot of it comes from the stress of her anal retentive boss. I know that this is her first time away from home. I know that family is very important to her. I know, I know, I know. And yet, I often wonder if one of us is being closed off to the will of God. Is it my vainglory that keeps me trudging through this blasted process just so I can say I made it? Or is it Cass' uncomfortableness with change that keeps her from getting on board? Or maybe, just maybe, are we called instead to be right here, right now, struggling, TOGETHER? Hey maybe that's it. Maybe God's will (on earth as it is in heaven) is for the two of us to grow closer to him through the daily realization that neither one of us has the strength to do it alone (nor even as a couple).

Man I hope so, cuz if Cass is right and I'm just a stiff-necked idiot with a twisted need to wear a stiff-necked collar, I'm going to be up crap creek without a paddle.

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger The Rev. Scott Petersen said...

Again...can you really beat exodus? God seems to really enjoy taking stiff necked people out into the desert. Sounds like he did it again. Better not be too stiff necked however or God might send you to seminary a second time.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Eliz F said...

Oooo Steve I hear you. I think the hardest part for me about this whole journey is the knowledge that my calling affects the man I love most in the world soooo much, and that he has had to make real sacrifices because I believe I'm called.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Matthew Scott said...

Wow Steve. My spouse has the same boss, and I get to hear about it often. Nancy and I struggle to look at this as just a three year adventure before we return home. But three years! I hope that 40 year exodus thing is just biblical hyperbole...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home