Thursday, March 10, 2005

Life Everlasting/Heaven

I've never been able to wrap my mind around "life everlasting." It was one of the ten thousand things I used to worry about as a child (who said Sunday School is a good thing for kids?)...NEVER ending...something that goes on and on and never ends. I would get myself quite worked up obsessing about it.

When people die, the idea of an afterlife can be quite comforting, especially the being-with-God part (especially when we overlook that judgment stuff), and having him wipe away the tears from their eyes (although such an act of wiping away tears would be frowned upon in CPE). Sometimes, occasionally, to me, the idea of death just being an end is easier to deal with then with an afterlife that goes on and on. But of course, that's only when thinking about my own death; it's unbearable when thinking about those I've loved who've died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home